Golf Carts are not permitted in Seven Oaks
Driving a golf cart in Seven Oaks puts public safety at risk and is in violation of CDD policy and Florida Law.
- Seven Oaks CDD policy states, ”No golf carts, scooters, motorcycles, or other unauthorized motorized vehicles are permitted on common area, easements or other CDD property at any time. Common areas include wetlands, conservation areas, community parks, trails and sidewalks.”
- Florida law states, “Operating a golf cart on public roads is prohibited unless the road has been determined safe by local jurisdiction to be used by golf carts. In this case, there will be appropriate golf cart signs, etc.”
Seven Oaks CDD and Pasco County Sherriff Department have not determined golf carts safe on Seven Oaks CDD property. CDD policy prohibits the use of golf carts on CDD property which includes all streets and common areas.
Driving a golf cart in Seven Oaks is against the law and CDD Policy subjecting you to fines, penalties and civil/criminal charges. Additional action by the CDD and/or SOPOA may occur.
There is a difference between Low Speed Vehicles and Golf Carts
The State of Florida differentiates Golf Carts and Low Speed Vehicles. Low speed vehicles are permitted provided all of the following conditions are met:
- Any person operating a low-speed vehicle (LSV) must have in their possession a valid driver license.
- Low Speed Vehicles (LSV) cannot exceed 25 MPH.
- Low Speed Vehicles must have:
- a vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Front and rear turn signals
- Stop lamps
- Reflex reflectors, red – one on each side and one on the rear
- Exterior mirror on the driver side and an interior mirror or exterior mirror on passenger side
- Parking brake
- Seatbelt for each designated seat
- Florida Law states, Low Speed Vehicles are not permitted to be operated on any roadway with a speed limit above 35 mph.
- Low Speed Vehicles must be registered and insured with Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage Liability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.