Residents are given three options for selecting an external color scheme, These colors must be included when submitting an AMR (Architectural Modification Request) to the DRC (Design Review Committee) for repainting homes. All home exterior paint selections are to follow these guidelines. Residents must still follow the Monotony Controls in place according to page 6 of the Master Guidelines.
Option #1 – Residents may choose to repaint their homes with the same color scheme that was used by the builder when the home was originally built.
Option #2 – Residents may select another color scheme that was originally approved for use in the same neighborhood by any builder in that same neighborhood.
Option #3 – Residents may select an approved color scheme from the new Seven Oaks Color Palette Book produced and approved by the members of the Seven Oaks Property Owners Association Board.
Color Scheme Selection Process:
- If you are the original owner and know what colors were used (and can certify the same to the DRC’s satisfaction), you can list that same color scheme on the AMR request for quick approval. If the resident chooses to use a different paint supplier, samples of the equivalently matched colors must be submitted along with the AMR to the DRC. Samples are defined as actual colors mixed by the paint provider and transferred to suitable medium that can be submitted along with the AMR. Equivalent “paint swatches” or “color chips” from the supplier’s sample board are not sufficient. The DRC needs to see a sample of the new color that has actually been digitally mixed by the paint supplier.
- If you are not the original owner and want to repaint the home using the same color scheme but currently do not know it, you may make a request for that information to our property management company, Associa Gulf Coast (formerly named Rampart Properties). They have a record of all the original home profiles (including the color schemes) for each home built in Seven Oaks.
- If a resident wishes to choose another approved color scheme from the same or another builder in the same neighborhood, that scheme can identified in the same manner by supplying Associa Gulf Coast with the address of a representative home in that neighborhood displaying the desired color scheme. From there the resident must follow the same procedure described above by having a sample of those colors produced and submitted with the AMR to the DRC.
- If the color(s) of the original scheme are no longer manufactured (making a digital match impossible to reproduce from another vendor), the resident must choose one of the color schemes from the Seven Oaks Color Palette Book. A copy of the Seven Oaks Residential Color Palette Book can be viewed at the Clubhouse or at www.sopoa.org. An additional Color Palette Book will be available to be checked out for a three period, with a deposit of $50.00. The deposit will be returned to the homeowner when the book is returned. The colors are identified by both the name and the manufacturer’s number. Sherwin Williams paints were used in compiling our color palette book and be viewed at any local Sherwin Williams dealer.
Homeowners are to list a complete color scheme on the AMR form. It must include the color for the body, one trim color (including shutters, if applicable) and one door color. Color option are incuded in the Seven Oaks Color Palette Book or online.
- If a homeowner chooses to use a different paint vendor, they are to write down and take the Sherman Williams paint skew to any participating paint store to digitally match the colors. The homeowner is to then retrieve the paint store matched swatches and submit them with DRC package for approval. If the DRC approves the match and package, the homeowner can proceed after receiving an approval letter from Associa Gulf Coast affirming the DRC’s approval.
- Garage doors are required to match the body color of the house unless approved color is selected.
- Some colors selections for body/trim and door are neighborhood specific (Some specific Brookforest and Shoregrass colors (used by Mercedes Homes) can be used only in these neighborhoods).
- The homeowner must certify that chosen color scheme complies with the Monotony Control requirement by checking the appropriate box on the AMR form. AMR submissions must be completed online at www.sopoa.org or mailed either mailed to the local Associa Gulf Coast office (9887 4th Street North, Suite 301, St. Petersburg, FL 33702) or emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, the AMR submissions are logged by Associa Gulf Coast. Members of the DRC committee will review the AMR and will either be approved or declined or the DRC can request additional information. If a resident’s application is declined, a resident may request a meeting with the DRC committee to present unique or extenuating circumstances surrounding the AMR under review. Such a request may be made in writing to Associa Gulf Coast or email@example.com
Use the following template to select a house color, and one Trim Option.
When viewing colors online, please confirm color by visiting your local Sherwin Williams store or viewing the Seven Oaks Color Palette Book at the clubhouse. Colors may not appear as they actually are when viewing electronically. Please note, you must complete and have an approved AMR prior to painting your home.
This trim color is approved for all color options.
Garage Doors may be painted the body color of the house or the use of one of the approved garage door colors below.
All roofs shall be of a material, color and texture approved by the Design Review Committee. Standing-seam metal roofs with baked-on color finish may be used sparingly for architectural accent. Red and blue asphalt or fiberglass roofs are prohibited. Green asphalt or fiberglass roofs shall only be installed with DRC approval. All roof vents, plumbing stacks, flashing and metal chimney caps shall be painted to match the approved roof colors. Vents and plumbing stacks should be placed on rear slope of roof if possible.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.